Click To Give - It's FREE !

The Animal Rescue Site

Friday, March 26, 2010

House Sitter Wanted – How to Find a House Sitter

If you are one of the many home owners that has been the victim of burglary, or you are the owner of a pet with special needs (aren’t they all?), or you simply worry what will happen to your home and/or pet(s) in your absence, you know what it is like to be unable to completely relax and enjoy your hard earned holiday.

You may have arrived home to the aftermath of irresponsible relatives who were supposed to be taking care of your home in your absence and haven’t quite lived up to their end of the bargain. You could have forked out hundreds, if not thousands for pet boarding only to be unable to stop worrying about how they are the whole time, or for them to come back different pets, perhaps even with ticks or fleas (or worse).

But it doesn’t have to be this way.

I am one of the many people out there who are willing to make it their full time jobs to keep your home clean, love your pets (almost) as much as you do, make sure your home looks ‘lived in’ at all times, all this and more for (what I feel) is a small price to pay per day. I am willing to provide daily reports (email, sms, phone calls) about the kids with tails (or fins, or feathers, or scales), chat with your neighbours as if they were my own and forward your mail to wherever you happen to be living it up on the planet.

No longer do you need to lie awake in your hotel room fretting your skittish elderly cat isn’t coming in to eat at night, because you have chosen a cat lover with experience medicating cats due to having to do so with her own. Someone is there to make sure your dogs get their little jackets on if it starts to rain when out walking, because you have chosen someone who has had previous clients with similar needs.

“Who is this angels of mercy?” I hear you cry. “How do I get this wonderful person to come and take care of my wonderful home and precious pets while I am away?!”

With the advent of the internet making this world a whole lot smaller, you are now able to communicate via the magic of my website, facebook, twitter or email and get in touch with me to fulfill your needs.

When you use my day stay, overnight or live in house sitter services in return, I give you the opportunity to fully appreciate your holiday, join in that Conga line and fully enjoy yourself to the best of your abilities!

It is the least I can do !

Try this. Calculate how much you think it will cost you to pay each week if you were to hire a pet sitter to visit twice a day for 30mins or longer (or the fuel + time costs involved in having to transport your animals to boarding facilities or kennels). This can be quite expensive for multiple pet households! It is part of the territory for an experienced house sitter (like myself) to take care of everything and I am more than happy to do so. It becomes my full time job as your house sitter to take this weight off your mind and ensure the highest level of security, safety and wellbeing of your home and pets.

As a professional house sitter I have police clearances, my driver’s license available for inspection, a contract you must sign and references (available upon request) all ready to go so I can do what I am there for – to make sure you have absolute peace of mind. When I house sit I try to leave it as you left it (like I have not even been there!) and to love your precious pets in the way I want Marnie to be treated while I'm away. I owe you the peace of mind you seek. Without this, there would be no need for house sitters (like me) and with it the opportunity for great adventure (for you).

Each house sit has been a new and interesting episode in a way of life I would never have had the chance to experience! At the end of each house sit no-one really knows how to thank one another. The homeowner always feels like we have done them a great service and provided valuable peace of mind, I couldn’t be more thankful because I get to have my own mini-holiday and be surrounded by their wonderful pets.

So if you’ve ever had a bad experience that’s caused you to wake on your holiday in a cold sweat, have a furry kid that is a little mischievous (or precious to you) or you feel tied to the house in any way there is a shining light at the end of the tunnel! I'm available to house sit for 3 - 5 hours during the day, overnight or "live in" (24 hours) within South Brisbane, Gold Coast (yes all of the Gold Coast) and just "over the border" (Tweed region).


So don’t be afraid to leave home, get a house sitter. Your pets, plants, gardens and relatives will appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit my website for Gold Coast Pet Sitting, Dog Walking and House Sitting.